Thursday, March 19, 2009

Friday 20th March 2009

Well, this is the start of something beautiful or the start of something else that I can't find the right words for. This idea of starting this blog came to me as I was writing in my notepad about my life and the world around me. I am not a great writer but I do enjoy my life alot so I thought I could share. I live in Queensland in Australia and I am 21 years old. I feel like my whole life is like the chapters of this book that I can't put down. Much to my disliking I always have this mad urge to skip the next couple of boring bits to get back to the much more thrilling parts!

As of today I am no longer single. I am a little dishearted as I always feel I have more fun when I have no one holding me back but I can't say that the number of men and the lonelyness that keeps creeping into my bones like a winter chill is something that I enjoy either. I am seeing this man called Mr Rex. Of course that is not his real name but to open the chapters of my book online for the world to see and opening someone elses book online doesn't sit to well with me.

Well this is the first of many and I thought that I would open this book to the chapter about how I met Mr Rex

To get back to the story, Mr Rex and I have some history. We met in the hot summer in the last days of November 2008. It was my best friends 21st and although I was late, I was determind to be there. Like most of the 21st that I had to attend this one was no different in the aspect that it was a costum party but at least it wasn't a bad theme. The theme was 'The Hat Party'. The idea was to get people to wear silly hats! (Sorry it is really obvious.) I walked in and said the normal Happy Birthday, Congrats your 21 and the rest but soon she flitted of to see family and I was stuck with no one I knew or liked and with nothing to do but drink. So drink I did! I ended up sitting with a girl on the back steps. We talked heaps and I started to really like her. Her name was Elspeth. After a while she introduced me to her husbane Abe and we all started talking. But then something weird happened that shocked me and still does to this day. Abe went to get us a drink only to return with nothing. It was weird but what made it really confusing is when I asked where our drinks were he gave me a weird look and asked if we wanted him to get us some? Little did I know that Elspeth was having a good laugh at me because I had mistakeing him for her husbane Abe. After a weird look from me he turned around and said 'sorry I think your a little confused'. I though he must have been reading my mind? He than introduced himself to me as Mr Rex and told me that Abe, his twin brother was coming back with the drinks.

Well, I was shocked. I felt my face redden as he laughed it off. An easy laugh that makes your heart skip a beat when his smile reaches his eyes and sparkles like the colour of the sky in winter. Elspeth than hinted that Mr Rex was single and after getting a look for Mr Rex she left us to talk in peace. After going out and meeting some friends Mr Rex decided that he wanted to be alone with me so I sugested my house which is down the road from the clubs. We spent the rest of the night talking open to each other about our troubles and holding hands like lovers. It was nice to open up to someone that was going through the same things that I was facing. I believe it was at that moment that I realized just how hansome he really was. Sandy blonde hair, baby blue eyes that seemed to send fire through my blood at such speed that I felt my heart beating uncontrolable that I had to slow it down more than once. He was clearly a romantic and it wasn't long before our causal talking got to a more personal level. I found out that he has a 4 year old daugther who he loves with much passion but unfortunely the mother is a little diffitcult to deal with. As the sun was starting to rise he called a cab but not before I got his number. As he drove of in that cab I was left thinking to myself about the fun I had just had with him and if I would actually use the phone number that he had giving me. Little did I know that I would hear from him sooner than even I intended.

Well that is the story about how I met Mr Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment